Interested in getting some work experience during uni but no idea where to start? RateMyPlacement.co.uk can help! We are the UK’s leading undergraduate website helping thousands of students find placements, internships, vacation schemes and insights.
We spoke to RateMyPlacement at our Graduate Job and Placement Fair to ask why and how they use assessment centres as part of their interview process and to give us their top tips for how to succeed. Here’s what they said:
“Assessment centres allow us to get a full gauge of the candidate and how well rounded they are. We are able to assess their strengths and weaknesses through an interview and group tasks during the day. The most important thing we are looking for throughout the day is to see how they could mould into our team.”
- Be really open and confident
- Give input no matter how small
- Make sure that you have a role within the team
- Be prepared
- Research the objectives of the company and where they want to go
- Be confident that you are the one to help them in the company’s progression
How can your Careers and Employability Service help you to prepare?
- Read our guide on assessment centres
- Search through our student assessment centre feedback database for information on what to expect
- Practice online video interviews
- Use our psychometric testing software
- Attend our workshops on how to present like a professional