FDM Group is a professional services provider with a focus on IT and the UK’s leading IT graduate employer. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together. We are renowned for our dynamic Careers Programme, which gives graduates award-winning business and technical training in core disciplines.
We spoke to FDM at our Graduate Job and Placement Fair to ask why and how they use video interviews as part of their interview process and to give us their top tips for how to succeed. Here’s what they said:
“By using video interviews, we are able to get through more face to face interviews which is more beneficial than phone interviews as we can see how a candidate communicates. One large benefit to a candidate is that they are able to complete the interview in their own time and in the comfort of their own home whilst still being able to assess how they perform under pressure. Video interviews also allow us to test a person’s ability to answer questions fully without any prompts.”
- Research the company and role
- Prepare! People think they can get away with not preparing and make answers up on the spot
- We don’t expect you to be an expert but we want to know that you have passion for the role
- Why us? Why this industry?
How can your Careers and Employability Service help you to prepare?
- Practice online video interviews
- Read our careers guides for information and advice on researching employers, and preparing for interviews and assessment centres
- Book an appointment with a Careers Consultant to discuss how to prepare for the assessment process
- Search through our student assessment centre feedback database for information on what to expect