A strong LinkedIn profile can be instrumental in building your online personal brand, and with 89% of all recruiters reporting that they have hired someone through the platform, a presence on the site can be as important as the traditional CV.
If that isn’t enough, here are our top 5 reasons to get active on LinkedIn:
1. The site provides opportunities to network with professionals in your chosen sector, region, country etc. who may be able to give you inside information and tips.
2. It is a great way of keeping in touch with the University, your professional contacts and colleagues – it is not only important who you know but who your connections may be able to introduce you to.
3. You can see the latest topics being discussed within sectors you are interested in and contribute your own – this is the perfect place to start when doing your research for job applications and interviews.
4. Using LinkedIn’s Alumni tool, you can see what MMU graduates have gone on to do and the companies they work for. This can provide inspiration as to what you could do with your degree and how to get there.
5. Thousands of jobs and internships are advertised directly by employers on LinkedIn so it’s another place for you to easily search and apply for roles.
Sounds complicated? It doesn’t have to be!
Careers and Employability are now offering LinkedIn profile checks and advice at the daily drop-in, which takes, place 1pm – 4pm in the Employability Hub, Business School Building.