The Children’s Air Ambulance will provide a national air transfer service that will move seriously ill children to specialist care quickly and safely, every day.
Moving children between hospitals by land can involve a long, stressful and medically challenging journey, putting the child at risk. Our state of the art helicopter could transfer a child from Newcastle to London in just 90 minutes – a journey that would take 5 hours by land providing there’s no traffic.
Based in the heart of the country at Coventry airport, we’re able to access all parts of the country making urgent transfers even more accessible. Whenever it’s needed, wherever it’s needed, our dedicated helicopter will be there for children when they couldn’t need it more.
By supporting us you can help us ensure our service will be fully functioning with the best equipment, aviation and medical team in Autumn 2012. We receive no government or National Lottery funding. To achieve our goal of making sure as many children as possible are given the very best chance of survival, we really need your help.
We need you
You can help save young lives by giving just a small amount of your time:
• Fundraise for an hour by holding an Olympic Sweepstake
• Fundraise for a day by dressing up in the office. Dress as your favourite children’s character, or simply wear green – our colour!
• Fundraise for a week for Air Ambulance Week from 24th September 2012
• Fundraise all month by planning your very own music event – perhaps there is unlocked talent in the office you never knew about
• Fundraise all year and choose the Children’s Air Ambulance as your Charity of the Year
• Fundraise online by setting up a JustGiving page. Every time someone in the office says something naughty, they can send a donation to your page via SMS
We have a dedicated fundraising manager on hand who can help with your fundraising.
Call 08454 130 999 to register your fundraising and be put in contact with your local Fundraising Manager.
For more information and updates on The Children’s Air Ambulance visit http://www.thechildrensairambulance.org.uk
To view this opportunity and many others visit: http://www.mmu.ac.uk/findajob Upon registration you will be able to search a database of paid and unpaid opportunities which are updated daily.